Saint Margaret Church
- N: 52° 24' 40.51" E: 16° 57' 14.27"
- Church , Yard
- Baroque , Gothic
The auxiliary church of the cathedral parish, located in the Śródka District, being at the Piasts’ times a menial village for the city. One of the oldest churches in Poznań. The first pieces of information about that church date back to XIII century. The nowadays’ body of the church was constructed in XIV century, at the turning of XV and XVI centuries it was redeveloped in the gothic style with renaissance elements. Portals from XIII century have been preserved, the interior was renovated. The monuments of sacred art include a painting of the year 1600 combing both gothic as well as renaissance features. Moreover, there are monuments in the baroque and rococo styles as well as polychromes from XX century designed by Wacław Taranczewski. The area of the church has been surrounded by a wall with a baroque gate. In the vicinity, there is the Filipińska Street with the Philippians monastery. Near, there is the Ostrówek Street connecting the Śródka District , through the Jordan Bridge, with Ostrów Tumski /Cathedral Island.